Babbling Becky L’s Book Impressions, April 12
Lakesidelivingsite, April 12
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, April 13
Vicky Sluiter, April 14
Texas Book-aholic, April 15
Locks, Hooks and Books, April 16
Gina Holder, Author and Blogger, April 17 (Author Interview)
Ashley’s Clean Book Reviews, April 17
Connie’s History Classroom, April 18
Truth and Grace Homeschool, April 19
Happily Managing a Household of Boys, April 20
For Him and My Family, April 21
Holly’s Book Corner, April 22
Mary Hake, April 22
Splashes of Joy, April 23
Cover Lover Book Review, April 24
Pause for Tales, April 25
About the Book
ook: Dreams of the Heart
Author: Penny Zeller
Genre: Christian Historical Romance
Release date: March 7, 2023
Sometimes the hardest battles take place in the heart.
Poverty and abuse at the hands of her drunkard father leaves Hannah Bane trapped and alone. Without hope, she prays for a miracle just on the off-chance God will hear her. Will the handsome new deputy, who seems to be watching her every move, be Hannah’s one chance to escape the only life she’s ever known?
For as long as he can remember, John Mark Eliason has wanted to be a deputy sheriff. When a job opens in the nearby town of Poplar Springs, he eagerly accepts, but finds his greatest mission won’t be tracking down criminals and bringing justice to the ruthless Wyoming town, but saving a beautiful young woman he barely knows.
Will an unexpected answer to a difficult situation show how love can endure—and even thrive—in an unconventional situation? Or will fear and uncertainty keep two hesitant hearts apart?
In the sequel to Forgotten Memories, author Penny Zeller weaves a tender tale of faith, romance, and humor in a memorable story that reminds us God hears every prayer and has a plan for every life.
Wyoming Sunrise Series
Prequel: Love’s New Beginnings (Lydie and Solomon’s story)
Book One: Forgotten Memories
Book Two: Dreams of the Heart
Book Three: When Love Comes (December 5, 2023)
Click here to get your copy!
About the Author
Penny Zeller is known for her heartfelt stories of faith and her passion to impact lives for Christ through fiction. While she has had a love for writing since childhood, she began her adult writing career penning articles for national and regional publications on a wide variety of topics.
Today Penny is a multi-published author of over a dozen books. She is also a homeschool mom and a group fitness instructor. Her desire is to assist and nurture women into a closer relationship with Christ.
When Penny is not dreaming up new characters, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two daughters and camping, hiking, canoeing, reading, running, gardening, and playing volleyball.
Penny is represented by Tamela Hancock Murray of the Steve Laube Agency and loves to hear from her readers at her website, www.pennyzeller.com, her blog, www.pennyzeller.wordpress.com, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pennyzellerbooks. To subscribe to her monthly newsletter with book news and other fun morsels, please go to https://dashboard.mailerlite.com/forms/262119/74964679867237940/share
More from Penny
A handsome deputy sheriff.
A woman in search of freedom.
An unconventional situation.
These three statements sum up the faith, tender romance, and plentiful humor found on the pages of Dreams of the Heart.
Some highlights during the writing of this book:
- I conducted a lot of research on sheriffs because John Mark, one of the main characters, is a deputy sheriff in the small and lawless fictional town of Poplar Springs in 1894.
- Many of us have heard of famous Old West lawmen such as the Earp brothers (Kansas, Texas, and Arizona), Doc Holliday (Arizona), and Pat Garrett (New Mexico). In my research, I also learned of a Wyoming Territorial sheriff named Christopher Castle who, with his deputies, noted the amount of money an outlaw had in his pocket when arrested. Later, when a fine was assessed, it was that exact amount.
- A fun fact: some of the duties for Old West sheriffs included keeping the peace, collecting taxes, issuing liquor licenses, keeping the streets clear of dead animals, and cleaning up manure.
- There is a brief Wild West shootout in Dreams of the Heart inspired by an historical Wyoming character’s experience.
- John Mark carries a Colt Peacemaker revolver. While writing the book, I accidentally typed in “Colt Pacemaker”. Glad I caught it, although I’m sure it would have given my editors a laugh.
- John Mark’s favorite cookie, the sugar cookie, is believed to have its origins in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, and was named the “Nazareth cookie”. Enjoy the following recipe for the cookies mentioned in the book.
Lydie’s Sugar Cookies
Combine the following:
½ c. butter
1 c. sugar
¼ c. milk
½ tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking powder
2 c. flour
Roll out on floured board with rolling pin and use cookie cutters.
Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes.