Lights in the Dark World, October 2
For Him and My Family, October 2
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, October 3
Texas Book-aholic, October 4
Inklings and notions, October 5
deb’s Book Review, October 7
Locks, Hooks and Books, October 8
The Meanderings of a Bookworm, October 9
Ashley’s Clean Book Reviews, October 10
The Adventures of a Traveler’s Wife, October 11
Mary Hake, October 11
Vicky Sluiter, October 12
A Modern Day Fairy Tale, October 13
Musings of a Sassy Bookish Mama, October 14
Library Lady’s Kid Lit, October 15
About the Book
Book: Bandana Acres: Nibbler and Captain Make Peace
Author: Kathy J. Perry
Genre: Early Reader Chapter Book
Release date: May 1, 2018
This makes me mad! What should I do?
Nibbler the beaver works hard to keep his lodge and dam perfectly patched. A river otter knocks a hole in his great work. Now he’s so angry, he could almost spit nails. Can he learn how to handle his anger?
Click here to get your copy!
About the Author
After My Parents Passed,
I re-evaluated what I was doing with my life and my contribution to others. A former classroom teacher and homeschool mom, I’ve always had a heart for educating kids.
In 2016 my daughter and I attended a local arts and crafts fair where I stumbled upon some cute children’s art and thought, “That’s what I can do! Write children’s books.”
I set my mission and started my own publishing company, Chickadee Words, LLC. I would do my best to affect our youth through wonderful stories full of timeless character struggles.
More from Kathy
Regardless of age, conflict resolution is something everyone must learn. Children need to understand the tools/perception necessary to be a peacemaker. Whether shy, aggressive, or in-between, this book can help youngsters deal with anger.
Nibbler works hard to keep his lodge dry and his pond from leaking through his dam. A happy-go-lucky river otter happens by and destroys some of his work. He tries several things to get him to leave, but nothing works. Ollie, the farm dog, asks him some questions which lead Nibbler to a peaceful solution.
Special things about this book (and series) include:
- Proven easy-to-read font for early readers (Sassoon Primary)
- In full-color with original watercolor artwork.
- Leveled by Lexile and Fountas & Pinnell (F&P) for dialing in to your child’s reading level.
- Yellow words are the character’s inside thoughts (rather than italics, which I thought would be harder to read). Kids enjoy the color. In fact, struggling readers love to read just the colored parts to start – and then want to continue reading! (Each book has its own color for this.)
- A glossary of newer words with definitions.
- A “What If” section for discussion with five questions about the story, and five questions of how the theme plays out in real life. (Parents and teachers love these books!)
- Nibbler and Captain Make Peace is available in hardcover and softcover.
Help your kids learn to read with this fun story and cute watercolor illustrations. This early reader chapter book is perfect for ages 5-8 and can usually be read alone by 2nd or 3rd grades.