A Modern Day Fairy Tale, December 2 (Spotlight)
A Reader’s Brain, December 2
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, December 3
Texas Book-aholic, December 4
Bigreadersite, December 5
Splashes of Joy, December 5
Older & Smarter?, December 6
Library Lady’s Kid Lit, December 7
Vicky Sluiter, December 7
Girls in White Dresses, December 8
Blogging With Carol, December 8
For Him and My Family, December 9
Inklings and notions, December 10
Cats in the Cradle Blog, December 10
Ashley’s Clean Book Reviews, December 11
deb’s Book Review, December 12
Mary Hake, December 12
Locks, Hooks and Books, December 13
Musings of a Sassy Bookish Mama, December 14
Lights in a Dark World, December 14
Little Homeschool on the Prairie, December 15
About the Books
Book: Bandana Acres: Kit’s New Home & My Bandana Acres Journal
Author: Kathy J. Perry
Genre: Early Reader Chapter Book
Release date: November 1, 2018
Wait! That’s not a coyote. Is he here to help me?
FIRE! Kit must find a new home in the woods. She is surrounded by wild coyotes. A banana buddy comes to her rescue. Did she earn his friendship?
My Bandana Acres Journal
Explore your dreams, write, doodle and discover, with this guided journal!
Use the prompts and you will learn how to:
- Be thankful and optimistic
- Recognize the good things and learn from mistakes
- Make positive decisions
- Understand promise-keeping and secrets
- Break down worries and reflect
- How to ask for help
You don’t have to use the writing prompts or work in any particular order. So, if you want to start in the middle of the book, or at the end, go ahead!
Click Here to purchase Kathy J Perry's books.
About the Author
A former classroom teacher and homeschool mom, I’ve always had a heart for educating kids.
I set my mission and started my own publishing company, Chickadee Words, LLC. I do my best to affect our youth through wonderful stories full of timeless character struggles.
More from Kathy
The inspiration for Kit’s New Home surrounds us everyday: people who say they’ll do something and then don’t; those who promise and then fail to deliver; people without reliability, honesty, or punctuality. This all boils down to the issue of TRUST. Trust is easily lost and so hard to get back.
Trustworthy people are successful, valuable, and popular in every area of life.
Make your yes, “yes” and your no “no”.
Mean what you say and say what you mean.
Hurt no one. Help others.
Kit’s lonely and makes new friends in the farm yard. Ollie, the farm dog, explains the “rules” to him with which Kit agrees. He’s a good friend, until one day when he fails Zartie, the red-eared slider turtle.
Later, when he’s in trouble, Ollie proves to be a faithful, trustworthy dog and saves Kit from a coyote attack.
Here’s one question in the “What If” part at the end of the book:
What if you promise to play with a classmate at recess, but then you have a chance to play a fun game with someone else instead? What will you do?
Special things about this book (and series) include:
- Proven easy-to-read font for early readers (Sassoon Primary)
- In full-color with original watercolor artwork.
- Leveled by Lexile and Fountas & Pinnell (F&P) for dialing in to your child’s reading level.
- Purple words are the character’s inside thoughts (rather than italics, which I thought would be harder to read). Kids enjoy the color. In fact, struggling readers love to read just the colored parts to start – and then want to continue reading! (Each book has its own color for this.)
- A glossary of newer words with definitions.
- A “What If” section for discussion with five questions about the story, and five questions of how the theme plays out in real life. (Parents and teachers love these books!)
- Kit’s New Home is available in hardcover and softcover.
Help your kids learn to read with this fun story and cute watercolor illustrations. This early reader chapter book is perfect for ages 5-8 and can usually be read alone by 2nd or 3rd grades.
Don’t miss the companion guided journal: My Bandana Acres Journal. Perfect for readers learning to write about their thoughts, dreams, or just doodle. Use for a deeper dive into the themes from the Bandana Acres series. Currently available only from my website shop. Ages 8-12